Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Little Missionary

A good friend of mine shared this on her blog and I asked if I could re-post it here. I praise God for her daughter's young heart to follow God and share his love.


I have two kids I sponsor through Compassion, one is 14 year old boy in Ecuador and the other is a 6 year old little girl in Bolivia. We have been sponsoring the little girl for 1.5 years and my girls were involved in the process of choosing her. Periodically, my girls will color or draw a picture to send along with our letter. Recently I asked them if they each wanted to write a couple things as well as color a little picture. They both wanted to, so while I finished up my letter I helped my youngest write her letter.



click on picture to see a larger view

Meanwhile my oldest was in her room writing her own letter. I had no idea what she was writing, or even how much until she brought it too me. She had written out the gospel message for Irlanda in her own words. She said, "I am a little missionary". This is so cool because we know our children are listening to their school Bible lessons, their Sunday school lessons and listening to us and taking it all in.



I'm thrilled to be able to share this story with you. Do you have stories to share of your own children taking initiative and reaching out to your Compassion children? If so, let me know. I would love to share more of these with you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...