Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Beauty for Ashes

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit Peru last year (August 2010) and witness the work God is doing there through Compassion. I wrote many posts on my personal blog about my trip when I returned. Since yesterday’s post was the country expert post about Peru, I thought it might be fun to share some of my trip posts here.

from August 2010

When you walk through these streets, you can't help but feel despair and hopelessness.




But inside the doors of the church where Compassion works, there is reason to celebrate and dance. The church is a place of beauty, joy and hope and Jesus shines through these children.






...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of morning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. ~ Isaiah 61:3


Father, I praise you for the work you are doing even in the most dire circumstances. I witnessed pure devotion to you while in this place. Thank you for showing yourself to me through these children. Thank you for choosing me to partner with you in Compassion's ministry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...