Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Country Expert - Thailand

Our country this week is Thailand


Compassion's work in Thailand began in 1970. Currently, more than 32,700 children are registered in 210 child development centers.

photo courtesy of Juli Jarvis


**Disclaimer: I have previewed many of these books and resources, but not all. Please us your own discretion when it comes to sharing these with your family.

Books:
Welcome to Thailand (Welcome to my Country) by Jo Wynaden and Ronald Cherry
Thailand (True Books) by David Peterson
Hush! A Thai Lullaby by Mingfong Ho
The Umbrella Queen by Shirin Bridges
Tyger! Tyger! by Elizabeth Stanley
The Cooking of Thailand by Matthew Loricchio
Tsunami: Helping Each Other by Ann Morris and Heidi Larson
The Elephant Hospital by Kathy Darling
Silk Umbrellas by Carolyn Marsden

photo courtesy of Juli Jarvis


Websites:
Yahoo Kids - Thailand
Time for Kids - Thailand
PJ Scuba - About Thailand
A to Z Kids Stuff - Thailand
National Geographic - Thailand
PBS - Thailand



photo courtesy of Juli Jarvis

You Tube:


Other:
Planet Food - Thailand
Globetrekker - Thailand




Free Printables:
Rainbow Kids - flag, coloring sheets


Other Blog Posts: Advocate Juli Jarvis traveled to Thailand in May 2010 and wrote some great blog posts about her trip.


photo courtesy of Juli Jarvis

Do you sponsor a child in Thailand? If so, please tell us about him or her in the comments.

To view my other country expert posts, go HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information about Thailand. My family has sponsored a little girl from Thailand for about 3 years. She has been quite a blessing to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris...I hope you and your family can make use of these resources. I learned so much about Thailand when I did this post - it's a fascinating country and I would love to go there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post Jill -- I appreciate your use of my photos! We LOVED Thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juli...when you first got back, I remember you saying how I should take my girls there some day. After reading about your trip and learning more about the country on my own, it's definitely on my short list of places to visit. (although that short list gets longer and longer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sponsor a child in Thailand!! Thanks so much for this info!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...