Mwanzia is one of our correspondent children. We first began corresponding with him in March of 2013 have received 18 letters to date. He is one of four children and lives with his grandmother, Margret (his parents have passed away).
Mwanzia attends the African Inland Church Ikanga Child Development Center which is located 225 km southeast of Nairobi. (we correspond with another child at the same center - Duncan Kitheka)
Miscellaneous info from letters:
- used birthday money to buy a mattress, chair, soap and sweets
- wants to be an engineer
- soccer is his favorite game
- bought a goat with birthday money
- village planted trees to control soil erosion - trees were given by the governor of county (Dec 2015)
- bought trousers, shirts and maize
"I thank you because you love me. I love you too . My grandmother is so happy every time I show her the letters which you usually send to me. "