Monday, August 17, 2015

Rubi

This week I'm writing my final letter to Rubi - a sweet girl we've had the privilege of corresponding with for the past 6 years. Over the years we've received approximately 47 letters from her. Her early departure from Compassion's program came as a surprise to me, however she has received employment and her new job prevents her from attending Compassion's program


Rubi

Miscellaneous information from letters:

  • born April 12, 1996
  • oldest of 4 children / lives with many relatives in a remote village
  • house made of cow dung and mud
  • parents have paddy field which they worked with a cow / grew rice, maize, potatoes, tomatoes and cabbage 
  • used gift $ to buy trolley back, nice dress (which she was longing to buy), chairs, backpack, carpet, bag and bedsheed (which were noted as necessary)
  • enjoys playing badmitton, table tennis, volley
  • dreamed of being a teacher (which she accomplished!)
  • has a personal copy of the Word
  • Christmas celebrations at center included others from nearby villages
  • always wrote letters in English and always reported on the weather
  • likes to maintain house, read and listen to music
  • only girl from the project center to study in college
  • 2013 - went to college (50Km from home) - these classes began preventing her regular attendance at Compassion project
  • March 2012 - participated in LDP orientation
  • favorite part of center - vocational training (weaving and knitting) and 4 fold activity


letter highlights....

Well, this Compassion sponsorship is really a great blessing for me and my family. Through this sponsorship I have learnt so much. It is through this program I could study up to this standard. My parents want me to study and I want to but if there is no sponsorship I would have drop my studies long before like my other friends, those who don't have sponsorship. Because my family condition is not able to support me with my brother and other sisters who are also studying. By this sponsorship my family condition is better. 

 


I and my family are really blessed by Compassion ministry. It is through Compassion I started my schooling. I am not alone in my family. I have 1 brother and 2 sisters. I am eldest. Since we are four, my parents were not able to support all for schooling. Compassion save me from dropping my schooling. By your support I have read this far. 

Final letter....


Greetings to you in Jesus name. I am AKHOZO, Project Manager, writing to you on Rubi behalf. Rubi and her family are fine and doing well.

I am happy to inform you that Rubi has got teaching joy at her village. Since she has to give her full time in her job, she cannot attend project activity anymore. Therefore, she is departing from the project. The project will ever remain grateful to you for the love and support you showered upon her.

Before writing this letter, I talk to her and parents. They say they are so grateful to you for all the love and support given to them. They say if not your support she will not study up to this level. It will be just a mere dream to go to college. She say she will always remember you in her life. She say she will always remember you in her prayer and request you to pray for her future life.

Once again, thank you so much. May God bless you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...