Sunday, March 27, 2011

Prayer Week 5

On their website, Compassion has compiled a list of 52 specific ways to pray for your sponsored child. Each Sunday I will feature one of these. For the complete list, please go HERE.

WEEK 5:
Courage: Father, I pray that God would fill ______ with courage to stand for the truth without wavering or being influenced by ungodly people. I pray that peer pressure will not affect their lives, that temptations will be overcome and that powerful testimonies will emerge in their lives.

"But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you." Acts 26:16

I believe our words of encouragement go a long way when it comes to our sponsored children. If we take a moment to tell them that we are praying for them to have courage, I believe they will be able to stand on that knowledge and begin to overcome temptations that may come their way. We all need courage. Pray for your own courage as well as your family members.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, I have never seen that page on the Compassion website. Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be using these prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been using these prayers ideas as we pray for our sponsored children :) thanks for the tip Jill. see you guys this Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...