Tuesday, February 13, 2018

This is Love

drawn by my sweet girl, Lian, in Colombia


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

A familiar verse, right? But as I sit here thinking about Valentine's Day and the beginning of the lenten season, I think about how significant it is that God sent his son to walk among us. Of course we weren't around when Jesus walked the earth, but the fact that he did is pretty amazing. He walked among us, taught us and then died for us.

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." - 1 John 4:9-10

Just a few verses later we are told if we love God, we must also love others.  I think sponsorship is a fabulous way to love others and love God. But I have to be honest with myself and ask if I love others the way God loves. Am I willing to walk among those I'm loving? And if I am, what does that look like? These are some of the questions I'll be pondering and wrestling with during Lent.

I'd love to hear your thoughts or questions in the comments. Help me think past the obvious because I want to do this well. I want to love God and others well.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...