Monday, February 22, 2016

Pray For Them



Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them.  ~ Matthew 19:13

We know from this verse in Matthew that Jesus prayed for the children he came into contact with. Wouldn't it be amazing if one (or more) of these prayers had been preserved and written down for us? To be able to repeat Jesus' words as we prayed for the children in our own lives would be pretty sweet. Still, we know that Jesus prayed for them, and that as followers of Christ we are to do the same.

So what do we pray? It doesn't have to be fancy or have all the right words. Sometimes when words fail me, I just breathe deeply and ask God to meet the needs of my Compassion children and their families. Sometimes it's more like a big sigh with my thoughts focused on my children.

Other times I get more specific and address their prayer requests or use Compassion's prayer ideas. There are 31 days of prayer or 52 weeks of prayer. Sometimes I even pray scripture over my children.

Recently I came across this quote...
"Inviting God to intervene in the life of a child is an act of hope."
I'd love to join you in praying for your Compassion children. Take a few minutes to leave their names in the comments and I'll lift them up in prayer. I'll start and perhaps you can pray for my kids.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...