Friday, January 16, 2015

Scatter Love


Even though it's unlikely my Valentine's will reach my sponsored children by Valentine's Day, it's never too late to send a love note. Telling your child that you love them and that God loves them, is a message for any and every day of the year.

So if you haven't yet sent a valentine to your sponsored or correspondent child, please find a moment or two to send a special message of love. 

Keep it simple. 

Normally I would go out and buy something - cards, pre-cut hearts, heart paper - but this year I decided to keep with my resolution to spend less money and make do with what I already have. I simply got out some paint and painted hearts on paper, then wrote each child's name next to their heart. 

It was so much fun painting the hearts and thinking of the child who would receive it. I also included a very simple note that said, "Just a quick note to say WE LOVE YOU and GOD LOVES YOU even more!" Then I decorated the page with stickers and taped it and the painted heart together (I didn't want to staple them and thought tape was best). 

For other ideas, visit Jessi or Hannah and see what they sent out. Have you sent Valentines to your kids? If so, please tell us about it in the comments. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...