Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 Compassion Joys ~ A Year in Review

2014 - what a great year, filled with so many blessings when it comes to the ministry of child sponsorship. Our family of sponsored children changed a little bit over the year, saying goodbye to a few loved ones and welcoming new faces and stories into our lives. So many letters were exchanged and it's always a joy to be able to communicate with one another. Here are some highlights from my year....

January
we sponsored Esther in Uganda


Birthday buddies...Sydney and Yoselin on their golden birthday (turned 9 on the 9th)

   



March
We helped plan and host an Experience Compassion event in Portland featuring Ben Mwangi of Kenya

Traveled to Thailand and met our sponsored child, Orm

We were able to spend the night at a church that is also a Compassion project - TH 982


June

We added four regular contributors here at Compassion Family - yay for new voices!
I am so thankful for their contribution here.


We hosted Compassion Sunday at our church. During the morning services we shared about our trip to Thailand and in the evening, former Compassion child Alex Mutagubya of Uganda, came to speak to sponsors.





July
Bulu graduated at 21 years old...we sponsored him for 12 years!





August
Got to help out at Fish Fest with my good friend and fellow advocate, Michelle,
 and got to spend a few minutes chatting with Shaun Groves





September
Advocating while running at a Cause and Event race




October

birthday buddies...Joylyne in Kenya and my daughter Kayleigh turned 8 on October 12





my daughters and I met fellow sponsor and advocate (and regular contributor here), 
Yvonne Reyonlds and her daughter in San Francisco




November
 I celebrated 20 years of sponsorship with Compassion International!

I finalized plans to travel to Nicaragua in January 2015

Sponsored Kendry in Nicaragua, who I will get to meet when I go!


Now it's your turn....
I'd love to hear how God has blessed you this year.
Either tell us in the comments, or write your own post and link up.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...