Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meeting Josseling

You have no idea how excited I am to share this photo with you.

Really - no idea.

I would have been excited under normal circumstances, but you being able to see this photo right now is not under a normal circumstance. It's nothing short of a miracle.

You see, last night when Kevin got home from the airport, we all gathered around the computer to see his photos ~ particularly of our precious girl, Josseling.

The camera was hooked up and the photos were imported. All 5 of them.

What?!?!?!

Only 5 photos, and these were photos my husband took on the way to the airport earlier that morning.

Nothing else.

All the photos he took of Josseling ~ gone.

All the photos he took of her Compassion project ~ gone.

All the photos he took of Nicaragua flowers - ~ gone.

All the photos he took at the beach ~ gone.

Before retiring for the night, I shot off a few emails to parents letting them know Kevin made it home.

Stunned and shocked, we went to bed, shedding a few tears. We both lost some sleep over the issue. He was sad and frustrated he couldn't show us what he saw. I was sad I wouldn't see what he saw, sad I couldn't see a picture of he and Josseling together.

When I woke up  I checked the camera again, after all.... God can do all things ~ even restore missing photos. But they weren't there. I opened my email and read through a couple messages. All of our parents had responded to my message that Kevin was home and the photos were gone, and one suggested trying "photo retrieval software".

A couple thoughts ran through my mind....."Really? They make such a thing?"  and then "Of course they do! Why didn't I think of that?"

Guess what?!?! It worked. Praise God it worked.

And so I present to you......
Josseling (in pink) and Kevin (also Josseling's mother and younger sister)

I have many, many more to share, but not enough time to get them up right now. I'll be working on it. 

Just wanted to say ~ God is good. Oh so good.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...